Governor Vacancy (Community)
About the School
Holmer Green Senior School is a good and improving school based near High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire. We believe in ‘Achievement and Opportunity For All’ and we are committed to ensuring our students receive the best possible education. The school achieved our highest ever GCSE and A-Level results in 2017 and recently we secured Arts Mark Platinum Status. We have a strong reputation within the local community and as such we have been significantly over subscribed for the last two years.
We are designated “good” by Ofsted and are ambitious to take the next steps to be a nationally recognised school. This is an exciting time for the school and new Headteacher to be making a difference in the lives of children.
About the role: for full information (click here Governor Information pack)
School governance plays a vital role in the education of young people. The role of a school governor is to contribute to the work of the governing body in ensuring the highest possible standards of achievement for all students by:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding school leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its students, and the performance management of staff
- Asking probing questions of school leaders
- Monitoring and evaluating the progress the school is making towards the achievement of its aims and objectives
- Ensuring all students have access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent and accounted for
- Acting as a link governor on specific areas within the school, making relevant enquires of staff and reporting to the governing body.
How to Apply:
Please contact Liz Plascott to arrange an informal discussion with the Headteacher and arrange a tour of the school - email@example.com or 01494 712219
All appointments are made subject to satisfactory Enhanced DBS and safeguarding checks