Skip to content ↓

Holmer Green Senior School


Year 7 Entry

Year 7 Entry Admission to Year 7 at the beginning of the academic year is controlled by the Local Education Authority. The rules they follow for admission are those detailed in our Admission Policies (please see our Policies page).  Please also see our Prospectus.

During the final year of primary school, parents receive information directly from the Local Authority about transferring to secondary school. Any enquiries regarding this process should be made to them directly either by contacting the Admissions Team on 01296 395000, or by email:

Extensive information about Year 7 admissions is available on the Bucks County Council website – click on ‘Education’ on the left hand side, then ‘Schools’, then ‘Admissions’.

Year 7 Information Booklet 2017 - click here

6th Form Entry

For all information on 6th Form Entry, please see our Sixth Form Prospectus

For further information please contact Mrs Golding, Head of 6th Form (

In Year Transfer

The online In Year guidance can be found on the Buckinghamshire County Council website admissions page.

The changes to the In Year application process in 2015 are summarised below:

If the application is for a change from one Buckinghamshire school to another, and this is not due to a house move, the applicant will need to complete a hardcopy application form.

The hardcopy form will not be available online for parents, neither will the in-year application form be available from the Admissions and Transport team.

Parents will, in the first instance, be encouraged to talk to someone at their current school (eg Headteacher, Head of Year etc), to try to resolve concerns and avoid any unnecessary school move mid-year.  Please contact Ms Liz Plascott, PA to the Headteacher.

Should a parent still wish to progress with an In Year application, then the hard copy application form will be available from the school and needs to be signed by the headteacher or Head of Year. This is because we want to encourage dialogue between the parent and the school to avoid a move wherever possible.  

When a school place is required due to a family moving in to Buckinghamshire, or moving within Buckinghamshire - the applicant will complete an online form and submit their application online together with the evidence of their move to the area.

Holmer Green Senior School
Parish Piece
Holmer Green
High Wycombe
HP15 6SP

t: 01494 712219e: